When will Millie have her babies

Monday, January 18, 2010

Farm Living

Welcome to our Mini Farm in Pfafftown, NC. We are finally official Crooked Creek Acres!! This has been my dream since I was a little girl. My Uncle has a farm up in Mt. Airy NC and I always enjoyed going up on the weekends to see the horses, cows etc.. I guess that was what hooked me. Two years ago I decided the Simple Life is what I wanted and Kory my husband has always lived by that. So we started looking for a house with some land., we looked and looked and looked. We came across a cute little cozy home on 4 acres and we fell in love. (My Dad calls it our vacation home 365 days of the year)


Starting 2010 out with a bang! I’m super excited on what this year to going to bring; the farm is starting to come along. We started out with our cozy 1 bedroom home on 4 acres in October 2008, My loving husband fenced in 3 acres of our land and we got together some hard working family members to build a shelter for the animals! In December 2008 my Dad bought me two pregnant donkeys they were delivered the day after Christmas (What a awesome day).

After much waiting thru the Spring 2008 our first little Donkey was born on Easter Sunday her name is Lilly. Izzy her mom was a little protective of her but I was finally able to get my hands on her. After much more waiting Gerdy went into foal in June, my Dad named him the perfect name “Tardy” Tardy is a awesome little Jack almost full white, he has a great personality.

Two little pygmy goats were given to us, they are the little fixtures on the farm they just like to me fed and loved. We bought two Nubian Billy goats out of Madison sweet little guys, we just traded out one of the Billy goats with Kory’s Uncle for a Nanny Boer she is a cute little girl but not very tame but she is coming around. Out newest purchase down on Crooked Creek Acres is a Red Boer Billy named Moco and a Boer Nanny that is expecting soon. Can’t wait for the little kids to arrive.

Lilly was sold to a couple out of Richmond VA a couple of weeks ago, it was hard to let her go but I know she has gone to a wonderful family.

We are now members of the American Boer Goat Association. I’m hoping we can get the barn built by the end of the Spring so we can start raising a herd of goats

No comments:

Post a Comment